Whales English is an online English school catering to Chinese students ages 5-15. Unlike GoGoKid or VIPKid’s one-to-one classroom setup, you may be teaching up to 2 students at a time with Whales English, which allows for peer-to-peer learning in the classroom. Compared to other platforms I’ve taught with, Whales English is truly open to all teaching styles. I really enjoy how flexible teachers can be with the provided lesson materials.
Requirements to Apply for Whales English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- TEFL certificate (Here’s how you can get TEFL certified)
- Native English speaker from the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand
- 1 year experience working with children
- Submit application (Recruitment will get back to you within 48 hours)
- Interview / Mock Class
- Sign Contract
What types of classes will I be teaching?
- Whales English offers two types of classes: Trial Classes and Regular Classes.
- Trial Classes are an opportunity for prospective students to experience the Whales English platform before they sign up for courses.
- Regular Classes are months long and since you will be meeting with the same students about once a week, you’ll have the chance to get to know your students and build a connection.
- The curriculum is a bit more sophisticated than other online schools I’ve taught for. It’s adopted from National Geographic Learning and Oxford Reading Tree.
Hours (guaranteed hours = guaranteed pay)
- Whales English requires a minimum of 8 hours/week. The hours you submit after your training will become your schedule for the duration of the course. Compared to other platforms, I enjoy the consistency of this type of schedule and the fact that you are guaranteed hours every week.
- Peak hours on Weekdays: 6:55 PM – 9:00 PM BJT
- Peak hours on Weekends: 9:10 AM – 12:20 PM and 6:55 PM – 9:00 PM BJT
Apply for Whales English today using my referral link. It’s a great bonus for your application if recruitment sees that you are being recommended by one of their teachers.
I’m happy to provide further resources and tips as well as answer any questions you may have throughout the application process. Please feel free to email me at Christine@seajcub.com.
Good luck and happy teaching!
PUBLISHED BY: Christine Jacob | SeaJcub.com